Here I introduce you to my Banana Sushi Rolls, ohhh yes. It’s that kind of breakfast that you should go for when you’re tired of eating the same thing over and over again and want to give it a super fun twist! In fact, if you’ve got kids at home, I’m 100% positive these Banana Sushi Rolls will be a hit!
In addition to being super healthy, and having so much fiber, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, high quality complex carbohydrates, and so on… they’re absolutely DELICIOUS! SWOOOOOON!
If you want to, you can even make some dipping “sauces” for the rolls and make the experience even cooler! In small bowls you can put some melted chocolate, jam, more nut butter (almond butter, hazelnut & cacao butter, pecan butter, etc.), maple or agave syrup, vegan caramel, etc. The options are endless! And boom! There you have a super bomb banana sushi roll party! Yaaaay!
Major TIP for the Banana Sushi Rolls 👀
Something really important to know when assembling the rolls, is that the crepe remains warm. This to make the rolling part way easier. If you do it with the crepe already cold, it is quite likely that it will break.
Besides, when the crepe is warm, it’s also easier to spread the peanut butter evenly.
Hope you guys like it!
Banana Sushi Rolls
Crepes (or Wraps)
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup plant milk (almond, soy, coconut, etc.)
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 3 large bananas, peeled
- Blend all the ingredients for the crepes and pop the batter in the fridge for 8 minutes.
- Pour about ¼-½ cup of the batter over a preheated nonstick pan (or a lightly greased one) over medium-low heat and tilt the pan in a circular motion to cover the surface evenly.
- Let cook for 1-2 minutes or until many bubbles pop on the surface. Then, flip the crepe. Keep cooking that side for 1 more minute. Remove from the pan.
- While the crepes are still warm, spread about 1½ tbsp peanut butter over each of them. Place a banana on the edge of the crepe and roll tightly; place the joint facing down.
- With a sharp knife, slice the roll into 1.5 cm sections. Repeat for each crepe.
Leave a Reply