Vegan Baked Red Pepper Pasta ♥
One of our favorite side dishes at home is definitely this one. Simple, delicious and quick to prepare.
Besides the fact that this pasta is suuuper yummy, it’s very nutritious and quite high in protein, yay! Which also makes it perfect for a post-workout meal.
Video Tutorial for the Recipe ♥
Also, it goes wonderfully as a side dish in meals for more special occasions, such as Christmas, New Years, formal parties, etc. It is the kind of food that works great for any time.
Can I use any kind of bell pepper for this vegan baked red pepper pasta?
Without a doubt, although I would not recommend using green bell peppers, since they are not as sweet and don’t have as much flavor as yellow, orange or red ones. So, just to be on the safe path, go for red, orange, yellow, or even the combination of them.
Can I prepare this pasta without an oven?
Of course! Just cook the pasta with the sauce in a pan until it thickens a little more, turn off the heat, add the vegan cheese and cover with a lid so it can melt. It’s just as delicious, although baking definitely adds a special touch to the cheese because it is more like au gratin.
I hope you give this vegan baked red pepper pasta a try ♥
Vegan Baked Red Pepper Pasta
- 210 g dry pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove (or 2 medium) roughly chopped
- 100 g onion roughly chopped
- 230 g red / orange / yellow bell pepper diced
- 275 g firm tofu can use silken tofu too
- 1 ½ tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ - 2 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¾ - 1 cup vegan cheese to taste and optional
- In a pot with boiling water (optionally add a piece of onion, garlic and salt to season it), add pasta and cook over medium heat until tender (approximately 10-15 minutes). Remove from heat, pour into a colander and rinse the pasta with clean water (if you added onion and garlic, remove them). Reserve.
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil and let it heat up. Once hot, add garlic, onion and bell pepper. Sauté until they start to brown and look slightly roasted (about 15 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F) for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the garlic, onion and peppers to a blender, add tofu, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Blend until you get a creamy sauce.
- In a large bowl, mix the previously cooked pasta with the sauce. Pour into an oven safe mold, add the cheese on top and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese slightly browns.
- Serve warm.