Homemade Oat Cereal, yummy yum!
This cereal is made with great ingredients, so if you’ve got the time to make it, I highly recommend it! It is a much better option than most cereals you usually find at the supermarket.
Besides it’s gluten-free! For all those who are on a gluten-free, low gluten diet or that are celiacs, this cereal is great for you!
The only thing I do have to warn you about is that the process takes a little time, I won’t lie to you 😛
You’ve got to put a little bit more love into this recipe than usual. But they are so worth it. So make yourself a tea, play some good music and let’s make some yummy cereal!
Having them as a snack is also a wonderful idea! You can even melt some dark chocolate to drizzle the cereal with it and BOOM! That’s what I call perfection! Such a yummy and healthy treat!
MAJOR TIP FOR THE HOMEMADE OAT CEREAL 👀
Another thing I highly recommend taking care of in this recipe is the baking time, because they’re done very quickly and if we get distracted we can end up with some burnt Homemade Oat Cereal lol. And nobody wants to eat that right? hihi.
Hope you guys like the recipe!
Homemade Oat Cereal (Vegan)
- 2 cups oat flour (grind raw oats)
- ½ cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup plant milk, warm (coconut, soy, almond, etc.)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Add plant milk and mix. Add melted coconut oil and mix again. Let sit in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag or plastic bag. I used a plastic bag and it worked perfect, just cut off one of the tips to make it work as a piping bag (the hole should be small).
- On a baking tray, place a silicone mat or parchment paper and form droplets/small disks with the previous mixture, leaving a little space between them. The mixture yields for about 3-4 batches, depending on the size of the silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the pan over half the time so that the droplets that are closer to the inner wall of the oven don't burn and the whole batch gets an even golden color (they cook super fast, pay attention to the baking time).
- Remove from the oven, let cool and store in an airtight container or bag.