Watch how to make this Perfect Vegan Buttercream step by step
Perfect Vegan Buttercream
Perfect Vegan Vanilla Buttercream Recipe. This vegan frosting is super creamy, spreadable, silky smooth and perfect for assembling and decorating beautiful cakes.
- 107 g margarine or vegan butter, room temperature (7 ½ tbsp)
- 107 g vegetable shortening (7 ½ tbsp)
- 220-250 g extra fine icing sugar previously sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract*
- Pinch of salt (or ⅛ tsp)
- In a large bowl, add the margarine (cubed) and vegetable shortening. Beat on medium speed until creamy, smooth, and lump-free (approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Stop beating, and with a silicone spatula, scrape down the sides as well as the bottom and mix everything together. Beat again for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the icing sugar (adjust the amount depending on how sweet you want the frosting to be), vanilla, salt and beat again for 3-4 more minutes or until the buttercream is completely creamy, smooth and spreadable.
- Once the frosting is done, scrape down the sides and bottom again and press the spatula down in a 'Z' motion to get rid of any air bubbles. This is to obtain a uniform and smooth finish when frosting the cake.
*You can substitute vanilla extract for any other flavoring of your choice. If you want to get an extra white frosting, use clear vanilla.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!