Vegan Pizza Bread (Super fluffy!) ♥
If you like bread with savoury little things and you like pizza, this recipe will fascinate you!
So rest assured that this vegan pizza bread will taste just like a pizza, but in a different format. I can’t explain the level of fluffiness to you, its justo ut of this world! The trick is to knead for as long as necessary (about 8-10 minutes) until the dough stops sticking to your hands and surface, I know it is very tempting to add flour, but trust me, the result of the texture of the bread makes it worth it a thousand times. If we add more flour than it should, all we do is remove the moisture by drying the dough out and therefore the bread doesn’t come out as fluffy and soft.
As I show you in the video, just add a little flour -1 or 2 tbsp- almost at the end of the kneading (at least 5 minutes after you started kneading). And if you have a machine with a dough hook, it’s even simpler, just add the dough to your machine and let it knead until it no longer sticks to the bowl.
Can I add other toppings for the vegan pizza bread filling?
Without a doubt, the basics are the tomato sauce, fine herbs and vegan cheese. From there you can add what you like the most or even bake it as is. Or just add olives, onion pieces, sun-dried tomatoes, small pineapple chunks, bell pepper, etc.
If you want to make a version like the one we present here with vegan “cold cuts”, go for it, but feel free to customize it, just be careful not to add too many ingredients because it can make the braiding process a bit more difficult.
Can I use this same dough to make pizzas?
The recipe that I use to make the vegan pizza bread is the same that I use to make my pizzas, so if you want to make a pizza in its normal circular shape, this dough is very good. And the process is exactly the same: make the dough, let if proof, extend with a rolling pin, spread the sauce and toppings, and bake it right after.
Can I use whole wheat flour to make this Vegan Pizza Bread?
If you are looking to achieve an extra extra fluffy bread, I recommend that you only use all purpose flour, but if you want to use whole wheat flour, do it in a 50/50 ratio. Half the amount of all purpose flour and the other half of whole wheat flour.
Now, let’s prepare this delicious Super Fluffy Vegan Pizza Bread ♥
The Best Vegan Pizza Bread (Super fluffy)
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 3 ½ cups of wheat flour 415 g
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup thick tomato sauce 180 g
- Vegan cheese, grated and to taste (~120 g)
- 1 tsp fine herbs
- Pepperoni and vegan turkey slices optional and to taste
- Sliced black olives to taste
- Mix the water with olive oil and syrup. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine flour with the yeast and salt. Add the previous water mix little by little, and with a wooden spoon (or other metal-free spoon or spatula), combine until you get a sticky dough.
- Dust your work surface with flour and transfer the dough onto it. Knead for 8-10 minutes until it is very smooth, but does not stick to your hands. Try to knead without adding any extra flour until at least 5-6 minutes have passed. After this time, add 1-2 tablespoons of flour and finish kneading until it looks smooth and stops sticking to your work surface and hands. If you have a mixer with a kneading hook just add the dough and let it knead for around 8 minutes, just until it stops sticking to the bowl.
- To know if your dough is ready, you can poke it with your finger, and if the cavity pops back out little by little, it is ready to proof.
- Grease a large bowl with a little olive oil and place the dough inside. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and leave the dough to proof in a warm place until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Again, dust your work surface with flour. Remove the towel from the bowl and flip it on the dusted surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a large rectangle.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the tomato sauce throughout the dough, sprinkle the cheese on top, as well as the fine herbs. If you decide to add pepperoni and vegan turkey slices, distribute it on top as well (or toppings of choice).
- On the longest side of the rectangle, start rolling it as tightly as possible.
- Make a cut through the center of the roll, leaving 2-3 cm uncut from one end. Braid the two parts of the roll so that the inner layers are visible on top. If the braiding starts to get a little messy, don’t worry, it’s part of the process, but if the filling leaks out too much, it means the sauce was too runny or too many toppings were added.
- Grease a loaf pan and place the dough braid inside. You can use two spatulas to transfer the braid from the surface to the pan, just so it doesn’t fall apart.
- Distribute the olives on top of the braid by sticking them into its layers.
- Sprinkle a pinch of fine herbs on top (optionally).
- Bake for 30 minutes in the medium-high rack of the oven.Then place a piece of foil on top, turn the pan so that it browns evenly andbake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before taking the bread out of the pan and slicing.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place or in the fridge.
Check our latest recipes ♡
Vegan Wool Roll Bread
Crispy Vegan Hashbrowns
Vegan BBQ Ribs
Vegan Palm Hearts and Mango Ceviche
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chunks (CRUNCHY!)
Leave a Reply