The Best Vegan Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins ♥
If you want to know how to make super fluffy and tasty muffins, I’ve got your back, this is the recipe. It’s quite easy to make, the muffins are very moist and delicious! All of that without the need to use eggs or dairy. Too good!
You can also use the same recipe and bake it in a cake pan and it looks great, only the baking time changes a little bit, but that’s it (approx. 35-38 mins. of baking time or until you do the toothpick test and it comes out clean ).
How to Make “The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins”
Can I use whole wheat flour for these Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins?
If you want to switch the flour part, I recommend using 50% whole wheat flour and 50% all purpose flour, or you could even increase the whole wheat flour ratio a bit more. However, the more you increase the whole wheat flour ratio, the texture will be a little heavier. So 50/50 is a good ratio.
How to find vegan chocolate chips?
In Mexico it’s not so easy to find vegan chocolate chips in the supermarket, so if that’s the case, you can buy a vegan chocolate bar and chop it into small chunks. Vegan chocolate generally doesn’t come labeled as “Vegan Chocolate”, simply note that the ingredients on the packaging do not contain dairy or derivatives of it, and voilà, it’s a vegan chocolate (regularly dark or semi-dark chocolates have more possibilities of being vegan).
I hope you try this delicious Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe and enjoy it ♥
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup plant milk almond, soy, oatmeal, coconut, etc.
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup (165 g) sugar
- 100 ml (83 g) canola oil (or any other vegetable oil, flavor may change slightly)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ heaping cup (100 g) vegan chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix plant milk with apple cider vinegar and let it rest for 8 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift them and reserve.
- In the milk bowl, add sugar, oil, and vanilla and mix until sugar has dissolved.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F).
- Pour half of the milk mixture into the bowl with flour, mix a little and pour the other half. Beat with a whisker until you get a homogeneous mixture. NOTE: do not over-mix (the consistency of the muffins may be affected), don’t worry if there are a little bit of small lumps left.
- Add the chocolate chips into the mixture and fold them in using a spatula.
- Grease and flour a muffin pan (preferably non-stick). Remember that when flouring, you must remove the excess flour by flipping the mold and tapping it gently. You can skip this step if you decide to line the muffin pan (just place the muffin liners in the cavities of the muffin pan).
- Distribute the batter in the muffin pan filling 2/3 of each cavity.
- Bake for 25 mins.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins rest in the pan for 5 more minutes. After this time, you can take them out of the pan and enjoy them warm.
- Keep them stored in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply