5-Minute Vegan Chocolate Mugcake ♥
Quick to prepare, easy, delicious, healthy and chocolatey would be the words to describe this mugcake.
The cool thing about mugcakes is that as the word says, it is literally cake in a mug and it’s ready in a couple of minutes because it’s cooked in the microwave. Although it can also be cooked in the oven without issues, it just takes a little more time. Just always remember to use microwave-safe mugs or molds or if you use an oven, oven-safe.
Can I skip the banana in this vegan chocolate mugcake recipe?
Banana gives the mugcake such a good consistency, but if you don’t like it very much, you can safely omit it. You don’t need to substitute it, just add the rest of the ingredients and follow the same process.
If I wanted to make a mugcake without the chocolate flavor, what adjustments should I make?
Just substitute the cocoa poder for more oat flour, add a little vanilla extract, even a little bit of cinnamon powder, and that’s it.
If I decide to cook the batter for this vegan chocolate mugcake in a conventional oven, how long does it take?
At a temperature of 355°F in a preheated oven, the cooking time would be 15-25 minutes. It is suggested to start checking the mugcake after 15 minutes using the toothpick technique (insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, the mugcake is ready).
Now, let’s prepare this delicious 5-Minute Vegan Chocolate Mugcake ♥
By the way, this is our new cookbook! 😍
Click on the image to get more info.
5-Minute Vegan Chocolate Mugcake
- ½ banana 55 g
- 2 tbsp peanut butter 32 g
- 3 tbsp brown sugar 43 g
- 3 tbsp ground oats or oat flour 24 g
- 1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder 7.5 g
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 ½ tbsp non-dairy milk
- In a small bowl, mash the banana. Add the peanut butter, sugar and mix. Add oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and integrate.
- Add milk and mix again a couple of times.
- Microwave for 2.5 minutes or bake for 15-25 minutes in preheated oven to 355°F.
- Remove from the microwave, let it cool for a couple of minutes, and serve with your favorite toppings.