This is the recipe for the most delicious Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Nutritious, crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, easy and quick to make and... highly addictive! So GOOD!
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies ♥
This cookie recipe is one of the first ones I made when I had just become vegan. I wanted to make cookies that were crunchy, but didn't have vegan butter or some other type of fats. So I tried peanut butter as my fat source and they came out great!
Besides the flavor that Peanut butter adds to the cookies is just WOW.
Another thing I love about these cookies is that they can be made super quick and you don’t need a lot of ingredients.
The ideal recipe for when the sweet tooth kicks in but you don't want to spend so much time in the kitchen. YAY!
They are super yummy, nutritious, so crunchy, and also high in protein!
Can I substitute peanut butter in these Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Without a doubt, you can use any other nut cream or even coconut oil or margarine. If you opt for coconut oil or margarine, use only 90 gr.
Can I make these cookies without the chocolate chips?
Of course! Just skip it, and if you like, you can add ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon for some extra flavor.
Where can I find vegan chocolate?
Vegan chocolate is the one that does not contain dairy or honey. Most of the dark or semi-sweet chocolates on the market are dairy-free (without even saying it on the front label), you just have to check that the ingredient list doesn’t contain any type of dairy or derivatives, or honey. Even if it says "it may contain milk, dairy, etc.", you can use it, since this legend is only to prevent people who are allergic to the slightest trace of milk that could have been somewhere in the vicinity of an ingredient of the chocolate (cross-contamination).
Watch it step by step
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (healthy!)
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar (120 g)
- 100 ml dairy-free milk
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoon peanut butter (100 g)
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup oats (100 g)
- 1 cup ground oats or oat flour (100 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 80 g vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and milk until it dissolves. Add peanut butter, vanilla and incorporate very well.
- Add the oats, oat flour, baking soda, salt and mix using a spatula. Do not over-mix, just make sure there are no flour lumps.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chunks to the batter.
- Scoop the dough on a non-stick baking sheet or a silicone mat / parchment paper. Make sure to leave enough space between the cookies because they will expand a bit; press them lightly. Distribute the rest of the chocolate pieces on top of the cookies.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. If you want the cookies to be crunchier, let them sit inside the oven (off) for 10-13 more minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing the cookies. It is important to allow them to reach room temperature so that they harden.
- Store them in an airtight container in a cool place or in the fridge.