Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chunks ♥
This cookie recipe is one of the first ones I made when I had just become vegan. I wanted to make cookies that were crunchy, but didn’t have vegan butter or some other type of fats. So I tried peanut butter as my fat source and they came out great!
Besides the flavor that peanut butter adds to these Vegan Oatmeal Cookies is just WOW.
Another thing I love about these Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chunks is that they can be made super quick and you don’t need a lot of ingredients.
The ideal recipe for when the sweet tooth kicks in but you don’t want to spend so much time in the kitchen. YAY! They are super yummy, nutritious, so crunchy, and also high in protein!
Can I substitute peanut butter in this vegan oatmeal cookies recipe?
Without a doubt, you can use any other nut cream or even coconut oil or margarine. If you opt for coconut oil or margarine, use only 90 gr.
Can I make these vegan oatmeal cookies without chocolate chunks?
Of course! Just skip it, and if you like, you can add ½ tsp ground cinnamon for some extra flavor.
Where can I find vegan chocolate?
Vegan chocolate is the one that does not contain dairy or honey. Most of the dark or semi-sweet chocolates on the market are dairy-free (without even saying it on the front label), you just have to check that the ingredient list doesn’t contain any type of dairy or derivatives, or honey. Even if it says “it may contain milk, dairy, etc.”, you can use it, since this legend is only to prevent people who are allergic to the slightest trace of milk that could have been somewhere in the vicinity of an ingredient of the chocolate (cross-contamination).
Let’s make some Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chunks ♥
By the way, this is our new cookbook! 😍
Click on the image to get more info.
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chunks
- ½ cup + ½ tbsp brown sugar (118 g)
- 100 ml dairy-free milk
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp peanut butter (100 g)
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup oats (100 g)
- 1 cup ground oats or oat flour (100 g)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 80 g vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and milk until it dissolves. Add peanut butter, vanilla and incorporate very well.
- Add the oats, oat flour, baking soda, salt and mix using a spatula. Do not over-mix, just make sure there are no flour lumps.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chunks to the batter.
- Scoop the dough on a non-stick baking sheet or a silicone mat / parchment paper. Make sure to leave enough space between the cookies because they will expand a bit; press them lightly. Distribute the rest of the chocolate pieces on top of the cookies.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Turn off the oven and let the cookies sit inside for 10-13 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing the cookies. It is important to allow them to reach room temperature so that they harden.
- Store them in an airtight container in a cool place or in the fridge.