Vegan Sugar-free Banana Bread Recipe. So fluffy, moist, healthy, delicious, made with simple ingredients, very easy and quick to prepare. As breakfast, dessert or snack, it’s a delicious way to use extra-ripe bananas.
For this vegan sugar-free banana bread, we are going to use dates as the main sweetener. They add a spectacular burst of flavor and texture to the bread.
If you prefer to use sugar in case you don’t have dates, just substitute it for the same amount. Remember that the ripeness of the bananas will determine how sweet the bread will turn out, so try to use very ripe bananas (those spotty brown ones).
Watch step by step how to make this Vegan Sugar-free Banana Bread
Vegan Sugar-free Banana Bread
- 3 very ripe medium bananas
- ⅓ cup canola oil can sub for olive or coconut oil
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dates, pitted and finely chopped (95 g)
- 1 ⅔ whole wheat flour (205 g)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 70 g dairy-free chocolate, chopped into small pieces optional
- Grease and flour a 23×13 cm loaf pan. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until they look like a puree. Add the oil, milk, vanilla and whisk until you get a homogeneous mixture. Add the dates and mix again (make sure the date chunks are separated so that they are evenly distributed throughout the bread).
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix until completely integrated (do not over-mix, stop as soon as you stop seeing flour lumps).
- Fold the chocolate chunks in (reserve a few to put on top at the end).
- Pour the mixture into the previously prepared pan (add the pieces of chocolate you reserved) and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 15-20 minutes before removing it from the pan.