10-Minute Vegan Monkey Bread ♥
Today we will prepare a delicious 10-Minute Vegan Monkey Bread made in the microwave. Oh so easy and so delicious!
You only need 1 banana, 2 teaspoon of coconut oil, ½ cup of whole wheat flour or oat flour, a little baking powder, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, non-dairy milk (plant milk) and a little cornstarch. So don't worry about hard-to-find ingredients, you might even have all the ingredients already in your pantry 😉
What are plant milks?
Plant milks are those made from grains, seeds or cereals, and which, therefore, are dairy-free. For example, soy, almond, oat, rice, nut, peanut, coconut milk, etc.
Can I substitute the banana in this vegan monkey bread recipe?
Yes, you can substitute 1 banana for about ½ cup of applesauce. Add it little by little until you get the consistency mentioned in the instructions, since some applesauces can come out thicker or more liquid than others.
Instead of using the microwave, can I cook this vegan monkey bread in the oven?
Sure, you only need to bake it for about 8 minutes.
10-Minute Vegan Monkey Bread
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- ½ cup whole wheat flour or oatmeal
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- Prepare the coating by mixing the brown sugar and cinnamon. Reserve.
- Mash the banana with a fork and add the coconut oil, mix. Add the flour, baking powder and salt, mix very well until you get a consistent, but slightly sticky dough.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll it in the cinnamon sugar coating (they should look like not perfectly rounded balls). Transfer to a microwave-safe mold and repeat the same process with the rest of the dough.
- In a small saucepan add all the caramel ingredients and bring to medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring constantly until you get a slightly thick caramel consistency.
- Pour the caramel over the dough balls and microwave for 2 minutes (or bake in preheated oven at 355°F for approximately 8 minutes). Depending on your microwave, it may take an extra 15 seconds to get if perfectly cooked.
- Serve hot.