5-Ingredient Healthy Puffed Rice Bars (Vegan) ♥
Today we will prepare some Healthy Puffed Rice Bars with only 5 Ingredients, 100% vegan and 100% delicious.
You only need puffed rice (it can be white or brown puffed rice), peanut butter (or any other nut or seed butter), maple or agave syrup, a little coconut oil, an optional pinch of salt, and dairy-free chocolate.
We are basically going to make a caramel with the peanut butter, syrup, coconut oil and salt, which will be added to the puffed rice and on top we will pour some melted chocolate to give it an even yummier and crunchier touch. That’s how easy they are to make.
Where do I get vegan chocolate?
Vegan chocolate is the one that does not contain dairy or honey. Most of the dark or semi-sweet chocolates on the market are dairy-free (without even saying it on the front label), you just have to check that the ingredient list doesn’t contain any type of dairy or derivatives, or honey. Even if it says “it may contain milk, dairy, etc.”, you can use it, since this legend is only to prevent people who are allergic to the slightest trace of milk that could have been somewhere in the vicinity of an ingredient of the chocolate (cross-contamination).
How do I store these healthy puffed rice bars?
To make them last crisp and fresh, store the bars in an airtight container and pop in the fridge or even the freezer.
If you keep them in the freezer, thaw the bars for about 5 minutes before eating them.
Now, let’s prepare this delicious 5-Ingredient Healthy Puffed Rice Bars ♥
5-Ingredient Healthy Puffed Rice Bars
- 1 ¼ cups puffed rice
- ¼ cup peanut butter or any other nut butter
- 3 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 70 g dairy-free chocolate melted
- In a small pot, add the peanut butter, syrup, oil and salt. Bring to medium heat and mix constantly until you get a caramel consistency.
- Pour over the puffed rice and mix.
- Transfer to a lined pan with parchment paper, press the rice mix very well and add the melted chocolate on top (you can also use silicone molds to give it a specific shape like the one in the photos).
- Pop in the fridge for 15 minutes and once it’s chilled, cut into squares or take them out of the silicone mold.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Can you make this without the oil and if so, do I need to substitute anything?
Hi Rosemary! For sure, you could do it without the oil, but it would be slightly less crunchy. Just substitute the coconut oil for another tbsp of peanut butter.