Healthy Vegan Brownies ♥
I introduce you to the most chocolatey, delicious and healthy brownies ever. I don’t mean to overdo it, but you guys!! These brownies are BRUTAL! Besides it’s crazy how easy and quick they’re to make!
The texture is soooooo nice, they’re extra moist and so soft! Plus, after you eat them, they don’t leave that weird feeling in your tummy, the kind of sensation you get when you eat a regular dessert you know, when it’s full of sugar, fat and all the not so good stuff for your health.
And the secret ingredient for these Healthy Vegan Brownies is…
These delicious brownies, as you can see in the recipe below, have a pretty peculiar ingredient. And that ingredient is… AVOCADO!
It adds creaminess to the mix and that way coconut oil is not the only source of fat in the recipe (meaning more variety of vitamins, minerals, etc.). Besides, due to its properties, in some recipes like this one, it works as an egg substitute. So, if you don’t already use it in your desserts, I highly recommend experimenting with it. Especially if you want your creations to be healthier using natural ingredients.
If you want to check out the video, it’s here too ♥
I hope you guys like the recipe, and if you prepare it, don’t forget to tag me in any of Happy Vegannie’s social media ♥
Healthy Vegan Brownies (Super easy!)
- 60 g avocado (equals 4 tbsp)
- 50 g coconut oil, melted (equals ¼ cup)
- ¾ cup plant milk (soy, coconut, almond, etc.)
- 135 g brown sugar (equals ¾ cup +1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 75 g vegan chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 20 cm pan with some parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado. Add melted coconut oil and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add milk, sugar, vanilla and beat until you get a very smooth mixture. Add whole wheat flour, cacao powder, baking soda, salt and mix. Fold in chocolate chunks or chips using a spatula.
- Pour the mix into the previously lined pan.
- Bake for 30-32 mins. Remove from the oven and let them cool down (they will firm up once they reach room temperature).