Vegan Homemade Ferrero Rocher ♥
These Vegan Homemade Ferrero Rocher or Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles are something special.
In addition to being a dessert that does not require an oven, they’re excellent both as healthy snacks or as the kind of fancy dessert you would make to impress guests. They have such a sophisticated and delicious flavor that you would never imagine that they are homemade and also so simple and easy to prepare.
An essential part of these Homemade Vegan Ferrero Rocher is the natural chocolate hazelnut cream or homemade nutella. Here we have a post with the recipe to make it from scratch and with only 3 ingredients.
Why does the recipe call for avocado?
If you’ve never tried avocado with chocolate, I promise you they go extremely well together. The flavor from the avocado disappears completely when mixed with chocolate or cocoa powder, in addition to providing texture and healthy fats to bind all the ingredients, without the need to use any other high calorie ingredients. In a nutshell, to make these vegan homemade ferrero rocher as healthy as possible without affecting the flavors.
Where can I get vegan chocolate?
Vegan chocolate generally does not come labeled as such, so if you don’t find “Vegan Chocolate” on the chocolate section, just look for dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate and make sure that the ingredients on the packaging do not have milk or derivatives of it, and voilà, it is a vegan chocolate (regularly dark or semi-bitter chocolates have more possibilities of being vegan).
Can I omit the chocolate coating?
Sure, you can just roll the truffles over some chopped hazelnuts or any other nut. Although the chocolate coating makes these vegan homemade ferrero rocher even more sophisticated, delicious and crunchy on the outside.
How do I store Homemade Vegan Ferrero Rocher?
You can store them in an airtight container in both fridge or freezer. Personally, I like to keep them in the freezer because the center is a little tougher (they never completely freeze, so don’t worry, you won’t lose a tooth when you bite them lol), but if you decide to keep the vegan homemade ferrero rocher in the fridge, they will be slightly softer inside.
Now, let’s prepare these delicious Homemade Vegan Ferrero Rocher ♥
By the way, this is our new cookbook! 😍
Click on the image to get more info.
Vegan Homemade Ferrero Rocher
- 4 ½ tbsp mashed avocado (65 g)
- ½ cup homemade nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread link to recipe above
- ¼ cup agave or maple syrup
- 6 tbsp ground hazelnuts (roasted and peeled) (40 g)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (15 g)
- 2 tbsp ground oats or oat flour
- 14 whole hazelnuts (roasted and peeled)
- 30 g chopped hazelnuts (peeled and roasted)
- 120 g dairy-free chocolate, melted
- Mix the mashed avocado with the homemade nutella, syrup, ground hazelnuts, cocoa and oats. Incorporate until you get a homogeneous paste. Pop in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Wet your hands a little and take about 1 ½ tbsp of the mixture. Press the dough, place a whole hazelnut in the center and close the dough around the hazelnut forming a ball. Place it on a piece of parchment paper and repeat until you’re done with the dough. Pop in the freezer for 40 minutes.
- Mix the melted chocolate with the chopped hazelnuts. Dip each ball in the chocolate and transfer to the piece of parchment paper. Pop in the freezer for 8-10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.