Are you looking for a delicious and healthy dessert option that’s both vegan and gluten-free? Look no further than this amazing vegan lemon loaf recipe! This fluffy and moist loaf is bursting with lemon flavor and is sure to become a new favorite.
How do I prepare this Vegan Lemon Pancake?
To make this recipe, you’ll need simple, healthy ingredients like almond flour (or oat flour), gluten-free flour (or regular flour), baking powder, salt, lemon juice, lemon zest, applesauce, and a few other ingredients that you probably already have at home. The combination of almond flour and regular (or gluten-free) flour makes this recipe light, airy, and perfectly moist.
To prepare this Vegan Lemon Loaf, the wet ingredients are first mixed together. Then, in another bowl, mix the dry ones. Then, add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix gently. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf pan, and bake for 50-60 minutes. Once the loaf is ready, let it cool, make the glaze and pour it on top, and voila!
The secret to the intense lemon flavor in this Vegan Lemon Loaf recipe is the fusion of fresh lemon juice and lemon zest. This gives it a sweet and sour touch that balances the final flavor of the loaf. A truly delicious thing. This Vegan Lemon Loaf is perfect for any occasion, whether you serve it for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert, what a delight!
Also, if you feel like it, you can make this recipe into muffins. Just keep an eye on the time so they don’t overcook. You can even add a few blueberries to the mix or some pieces of fruit that go well with lemon.
Can I use regular flour instead of gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can use regular flour if you’re not gluten-free or viceversa.
Can I add nuts or other mix-ins to the batter?
Yes, you can add chopped nuts, dried fruit, or other mix-ins to the batter if desired.
How long does this vegan lemon loaf last?
The lemon loaf can last up to 4-5 days at room temperature or up to a week in the fridge.
Can I freeze this vegan lemon loaf?
Yes, you can freeze the lemon loaf for up to 3 months. Allow it to thaw at room temperature before serving.
Can I use a different type of flour instead of almond flour?
Yes, you could use oat flour for example, but the texture and flavor may be slightly different.
If you like recipes like these, you might be interested in: Vegan Vanilla Cake, Vegan Orange Cake or Vegan Mixed Berry Crumble Muffins.
I hope you give this Vegan Lemon Loaf recipe a try and see for yourself how delicious and easy it is to make. Be sure to give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
If you make this recipe and decide to share it on Facebook or Instagram, don’t forget to tag me @happyvegannie + #happyvegannie. I love seeing your yummy recreations 💕
Vegan Lemon Loaf Recipe (Gluten-Free Friendly)
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- ½ cup applesauce*
- ¼ cup oil canola, olive, coconut…
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 cup almond flour**
- ¾ cup brown or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup tapioca or corn starch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175ºC). Grease and flour a 9×5” loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dairy-free milk, applesauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, and vanilla extract until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the all-purpose flour (or glute-free flour), almond flour, brown sugar, tapioca or corn starch, baking powder and salt. Add in the previous wet ingredient mix and fold in with a spatula a smooth batter forms (don’t overmix, stop once no flour clumps remain visible).
- Pour the batter into the greased and floured loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool for at least 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Extract the loaf from the pan, place it on a cooling rack and let it cool down completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest until a smooth an clump-free glaze forms.
- Once the loaf has cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top of the loaf.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply