Vegan Mango Ice Cream ♥
This delicious ice cream, let me tell you, is made without any kind of ice cream machines or any of those fancy gadgets. It’s SUPER SIMPLE!
I was pretty impressed about how well it turned out. It’s super creamy, DELICIOUS, so easy to make and made with just a few healthy ingredients.
In the photos the ice cream looks a bit melted because it was TOO HOT that day haha, but don’t worry, it acts like normal ice cream, yay!
The ingredient that will make our ice cream so creamy is… COCONUT MILK!
Since I live in Mexico, it had been a little hard to find a good full-fat coconut milk in the supermarket. Because there are a couple coconut “creams” but they’re full of sugar, aditives and/or take part in a horrible and extremey unfair chain.
I recently discovered that many coconut product brands from Thailand use and exploit monkeys to harvest up to 1000 coconuts per day. It’s a scary and a super sad thing!! So make sure your coconut milk doesn’t come from Thailand and is not from a brand involved in this type of practices (just google the brand to find out). The Silk brand, for example, is free of these inhuman things.
For this ice cream I used a concentrated coconut milk that is basically just coconut and water as the main ingredients. This kind of coconut milks are the “full-fat” ones, because the coconut fat is not extracted. That’s exactly what is going to help us achieve a nice and creamy texture (I PROMISE I’ll SOON POST A RECIPE TO MAKE YOUR OWN CONCENTRATED COCONUT MILK).
But still, any other non-dairy milk can work (it depends on how liquid or diluted it is). The purer/fattier (the good kind of fat of course) the better.
Vegan Mango Ice Cream (No machine needed)
- 400 ml full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups mango chunks
- ¼ cup maple or agave syrup* Adjust to taste or add an additional pinch of stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Blend all the ingredients.
- Pour the mix into an ice cube tray/mold. Freeze for 4 hours or until the cubes are completely solid.
- Remove the cubes from the tray and blend at maximum speed until you get a smooth ice cream. If you have a Vitamix or a food processor, it will be very simple, but if you have any other type of blender, just pause every 10 seconds, use a spoon to scrape down the ice cream, remove the spoon and blend again until creamy.
- You can eat your ice cream immediately (for a smoother texture) or you can pour it into a mold, freeze for one more hour (for a firmer texture), remove and use an ice cream scoop to serve the ice cream.
Leave a Reply