6-ingredient Vegan Thumbprint Cookies ♥
Today we will prepare some delicious 6-ingredient Vegan Thumbprint Cookies. They are super simple to prepare, they require very few ingredients, they are super crunchy and oh, they melt in your mouth, you are going to love them!
Is margarine vegan?
A large percentage of the margarines on the market are vegan, just make sure that the list of ingredients that comes on the package does not contain any dairy.
Can I substitute the margarine?
For sure! If you find any vegan butter that you like, substitute it without problem. Or if you want to use coconut oil, just use it solid (not melted). And if the place where you live is very hot, store it in the fridge so that when you need it, it’s solid.
Can I substitute the almond flour?
Almond flour can be substituted for ground almonds. Just roast the almonds (if they are raw) and grind them up in a blender until you get a fine powder (keep an eye on them because if you blend them for a long time they will turn into almond butter). You can also substitute the almonds for any other type of nut (pecans, peanuts, hazelnuts, etc.).
Can I use any jam to make these vegan thumbprint cookies?
Sure, use your favorite type of jam.
How should I store these vegan thumbprint cookies?
As a personal suggestion (it’s my favorite thing to do), store the cookies in an airtight container and pop it in the fridge. This will keep them crispy longer.
What do I do if my cookies have softened and and want to make them crispy again?
If the cookies have softened, it means that they have absorbed moisture from the atmosphere (they were left uncovered for a long time, the temperatura is a little high, the place where you live is very humid, etc.). So, to return to their previous state they have to lose that moisture, which means that you only need to pop them in the preheated oven (175 ° C) for a couple of minutes (usually 2-3 minutes), and they will be like freshly baked. Just let them cool to finish hardening.
Remember these important points when making vegan thumbprint cookies:
1. If you have a scale, weigh the ingredients instead of measuring them with cups and tablespoons. This is to be as accurate as possible.
2. Do not over-mix the cookie dough, as soon as the ingredients are integrated, stop mixing.
3. When you take the cookies out of the oven, let them cool on the tray for 10 minutes before moving them.
Now, let’s prepare these delicious 6-ingredient Vegan Thumbprint Cookies ♥
6-ingredient Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
- 6 tbsp margarine* (90 g)
- ¼ cup of brown sugar (56 g)
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (125 g)
- ¼ cup of almond flour (25 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3-4 tbsp jam whichever flavor you prefer
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, add the margarine, brown sugar and beat until creamy (it should take on a whitish color and a very smooth texture).
- Add the whole wheat flour, almond flour, vanilla, salt, and fold them in.
- Divide the dough into 18 parts (1 tablespoon per cookie), shape them into a ball and place them on a non-stick baking tray or a silicone mat / parchment paper.
- Use your thumb to press the center of each ball into a small hole and fill it with jam (stuff a ziploc or piping bag with the jam, cut the tip and press lightly).
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 12-14 minutes (until cookies are lightly golden brown). Turn the oven off and let the cookies rest inside for 4 more minutes.
- Take the tray out the oven and allow to cool completely before removing the cookies. It is important to let them reach room temperature so that they can harden.
- Store them in an airtight container in a cool place or in the fridge
Leave a Reply