Enjoy this delicious & Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie! A gluten-free autumn treat that’s healthy, creamy, so yummy and a breeze to make!
Each component in our Gluten-free Pumpkin Pie plays an important role:
- Almond Flour: Provides a nutty base for a gluten-free crust.
- Flax Meal: Acts as a binding agent, ensuring a cohesive crust.
- Coconut Oil: Adds richness and contributes to the crust's texture.
- Sugar: Sweetens the crust, balancing flavors.
- Water: Combines with flax meal to create a flax egg.
- Salt: Enhances overall flavor.
- Pumpkin Puree: The star ingredient.
- Cashews: Soaked for creaminess and a silky texture.
- Tofu: Adds a soft and velvety consistency.
- Maple Syrup: Sweetens while imparting a rich flavor.
- Brown Sugar: Enhances sweetness, adjustable to taste.
- Cornstarch: Thickens the filling for a perfect set.
- Vanilla Extract: Adds a delightful aroma.
- Pumpkin Spice/Cinnamon: Infuses warm, festive notes.
- Coconut/Soy Milk: Achieves the desired creaminess.
- Salt: Balances and highlights flavors.
See recipe card AT THE BOTTOM for quantities
🥄Instructions in a Nutshell
Prepare the crust.
Blind bake the crust to avoid soggy bottoms.
Make the filling and add it to the pie dish.
Bake and let it sit overnight in the fridge.
Keep your pumpkin pie fresh:
- Refrigeration: Once cooled, refrigerate the pie in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigeration maintains its creamy texture and enhances the melding of flavors. Enjoy within one week for the best taste.
- Freezing Tips: If you plan to savor your pie over an extended period, consider freezing it (it can last up to 3 months). Portion the pie into slices, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and place in an airtight container. Label the container with the freezing date. When ready to indulge, thaw the pie in the refrigerator, allowing it to regain its deliciousness.
👩🏻🍳 Top Tip
To achieve the creamiest texture, allow the pie to cool completely and refrigerate before serving. This not only enhances the flavors but also ensures a perfect slice every time.
Absolutely, almond flour can be substituted with hazelnut or pecan flour.
Follow the instructions and blind bake the crust, ensuring the filling is well-set during baking, as mentioned in the recipe.
Yes, feel free to use a pre-made gluten-free crust for convenience.
Up to 3 months, ensuring it's well-wrapped to prevent freezer burn.
Absolutely, divide the crust and filling into smaller portions for mini pies.
🤌🏽 We recommend...
If you're a fan of everything pumpkin... we highly recommend making our Vegan Pumpkin Cake!
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie (Gluten-Free)
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoon flax meal
- 3 ½ tablespoon water
- 2 ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoon refined coconut oil melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups pumpkin puree (615 g)
- 1 ¼ cups raw cashews (160 g)
- 1 cup soft or silken tofu (120 g)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar, adjust to taste (90 g)
- ¼ cup cornstarch (36 g)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice or cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup coconut or soy milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, combine the flax meal and water to make a flax egg. Let it sit for 7 minutes until it becomes gel-like.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, sugar, coconut oil, and salt. Add the flax egg from Step 2. Mix well until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into a 9” non-stick pie dish, covering the bottom and sides evenly.
- Prick the crust with a fork to prevent it from puffing up during baking.
- Blind bake the crust by covering it with parchment paper and filling it with baking beads or dry beans.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and let it cool while you prepare the filling.
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 20 minutes.
- In a blender, combine all the filling ingredients (including soaked cashews, without the water). Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the pumpkin pie in the preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 50-55 minutes.
- If you notice that the edges of the crust are browning too quickly during the baking of the filling, carefully tent the borders with foil. Simply cover the outer edges of the crust with strips of aluminum foil to prevent them from burning. This will help ensure that the edges cook evenly while the filling sets.
- Allow the pie to cool completely.
- Refrigerate the pie for 6 hours or overnight to enhance the flavors and texture.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these: