If you're a fan of blueberries and looking for a healthy and tasty dessert option, then you have come to the right place! These Vegan Blueberry Crumble Bars are the perfect treat for anyone who loves a delicious and healthy dessert.
Let's dive into the recipe! To make these Vegan Blueberry Crumble Bars, you'll need:
- Oat flour
- Rolled oats
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Brown sugar
- Lemon juice
These simple ingredients are all you need to create a scrumptious dessert that's both healthy and satisfying.
How to make these bars?
First, you'll need to prepare the crust. The crust is made with a mixture of oat flour, rolled oats, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Mix all of these ingredients together until they form a sticky paste.
Next, you'll need to prepare the blueberry filling. Combine the blueberries, brown sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
Once the crust and blueberry filling are ready, pour the blueberry mixture over the crust and sprinkle some extra crumble mixture on top. Then, bake it for 60 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
Now, your bars are ready! Let them cool down for a bit before slicing them into bars and serving.
Can I use fresh blueberries instead of frozen ones?
Yes, you can use fresh blueberries. The only thing that might be affected will be the baking time, so keep and eye on that.
Can I use a different type of flour instead of oat flour?
Yes, you can use any type of flour that you prefer. However, oat flour adds a delicious nutty flavor and texture to the bars.
Can I use a different type of sweetener instead of maple syrup?
Yes, you can use any type of sweetener that you prefer, such as sugar (brown, white, coconut…) or agave nectar.
Can I omit the coconut oil?
No, coconut oil is essential for creating the crumbly texture of the crust and topping.
Can I use a different type of fruit instead of blueberries?
Yes, you can use any type of fruit that you prefer, such as strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
Can I make these Vegan Blueberry Crumble Bars gluten-free?
Yes, you can make these bars gluten-free by using certified gluten-free oats and oat flour.
Can I make these Vegan Blueberry Crumble Bars in advance?
Yes, you can make these bars in advance and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Can I freeze these Vegan Blueberry Crumble Bars?
Yes, you can freeze these bars for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil or use a ziploc bag.
These Vegan Blueberry Crumble Bars are not only delicious but also healthy and easy to make. They're perfect for a dessert, a snack, or even breakfast on the go. You can enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee, or even with a scoop of vegan ice cream.
Vegan Blueberry Crumble Bars
- 1 cup oat flour* (104 g)
- ¾ cup rolled oats (76 g)
- Pinch of salt
- 7 tablespoon melted coconut oil (100 g)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon maple syrup or brown sugar
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (380 g)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (64 g)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2½ teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Prepare the crust by mixing the oat flour, rolled oats, and pinch of salt.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup or brown sugar and mix until a paste-like consistency is obtained.
- Set aside ¾ cup of the mixture to crumble over the filling at the end.
- Prepare the filling by mixing the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a 10x6” baking dish, place a piece of wax paper and spread the remaining crust mixture.
- Add the filling on top and spread it with a spoon.
- Take the ¾ cup of crust you set aside and crumble it evenly over the filling (it won’t be completely covered and that’s okay).
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars (or squares).
- It's even more recommended to let it rest overnight (once cooled) in the fridge - before cutting - for it to be completely firm and the flavors to intensify even more.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.