Vegan Baked Oatmeal with Walnut Crumble! Nom nom!
Are you a fan of oatmeal or -for you my british friends- porridge?
Well well well, if your answer was a “yes”, or even if I got a “no” from you, let me tell you, you’ll be obsessed with this way of eating oats! It’s simply fantastic and so so delicious!
You’ll be able to whip everything out in some solid 15-20 minutes, then you’ll bake it and boom! If you make a big batch you’ll have breakfast and/or dessert for a couple days. Yee yee!
One of the things I love about this recipe is that you can adapt it to the ingredients you’ve got in your pantry!
E.g. If you don’t have almond butter, you can substitute it for any other kind of nut butter (peanut butter, sunflower butter, cashew butter, walnut butter, etc.). Walnuts can also be substituted for peanuts, almonds, cashews, etc. Or even if you just want to give it a funky twist, feel free to mix nuts or nut butters.
Hope you like it!
Most Delicious Baked Oatmeal with Walnut Crumble (Vegan)
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal
- 5 tbsp water
- 230 g oats
- 1 tsp maca powder optional
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups plant milk (almond, soy, coconut, etc.)
- 70 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts, roasted, chopped
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 6 tbsp almond flour or oat flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Prepare two flax eggs by mixing the flaxmeal with the water. Let sit for 8 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl mix the oats, oat flour, maca (optional), cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Add the plant milk, maple syrup, oil and vanilla and mix again. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the crumble by mixing all its ingredients until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. Reserve.
- Pour the oat mix into a baking dish (you can use an 8 ”or even slightly larger one) and cover it with the crumble mix (grab small pieces of the crumble mix and distribute them all over the top).
- Bake for 40 minutes or until you insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean.