Do you want to know what I have for breakfast every single day?
Vegan Oatmeal Waffles. Oh my precious babies.
Don’t know why but I feel like my poor waffle machine will retire before than expected… 😂
Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, made with just a few ingredients, vegan and super healthy… Tell me if that isn’t a winner 😎.
Besides, if you don’t have a waffle machine, the same batter can be used to prepare pancakes. Just instead of using a date to sweeten it, replace it with a sweetener that doesn’t require to be blended, e.g. brown/coconut sugar, agave or maple syrup, etc. This is to avoid a chewy mix and get super fluffy pancakes.
So, the only thing you’ve got left to do is to serve them with your favorite toppings: peanut butter, another nut butter, jam, shaved almonds, grated coconut, fruit, chocolate… the options are endless!
I hope you like it! ❤✨
Vegan Oatmeal Waffles
- 70 g oat flour (ground raw oats)
- 1 pitted medjool date (can sub for 1 tbsp brown or coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- ½ cup plant milk (soy, coconut, oat, almond, etc.)
- Blend all the ingredients if you are using the medjool date as the main sweetener (it is much easier to use an immersion mixer than a regular blender). If you go for brown or coconut sugar instead of the date, just mix all the ingredients, it isn't necessary to blend them.
- Cook in a non-stick or greased waffle machine (cook time will depend on the desired crispness).
- Serve with your favorite toppings.