Are you ready for a sweet treat that's not only delicious but also healthy? We have the perfect recipe for you: 5-ingredient Healthy Peanut Butter Cups! They're vegan, gluten-free, so easy to make & require just 5 simple ingredients.
Which ingredients do I need to make these 5-ingredient Healthy Peanut Butter Cups?
To make these delightful Healthy Peanut Butter Cups, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Peanut butter
- Coconut flour
- Maple syrup
- Dairy-free chocolate
- Coconut oil
Cooking Tips for these 5-ingredient Healthy Peanut Butter Cups:
Here are some essential tips and information to ensure your Healthy Peanut Butter Cups turn out perfectly:
- If you don't have coconut flour, you can substitute it with almond flour or oat flour.
- You can make these Healthy Peanut Butter Cups in a silicone muffin tray or cups, or use muffin liners to prevent the cups from sticking.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of dairy-free chocolate to suit your taste preferences.
- If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add a bit more maple syrup to the peanut butter filling.
- These Healthy Peanut Butter Cups can be stored in the fridge for up to two or three weeks.
Variations for these 5-ingredient Healthy Peanut Butter Cups:
While this recipe is already a winner, you can always put your creative spin on it. Here are a few variations to try:
- Almond Butter Cups: Substitute almond butter for peanut butter for a delightful twist on the classic recipe.
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Cups: Add a crunchy element by mixing crushed nuts into the peanut butter filling.
- Protein-Packed Peanut Butter Cups: Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to the peanut butter mixture for an extra protein boost.
- Fruit-Filled Peanut Butter Cups: Add a layer of fruit jam or preserves on top of the peanut butter before adding the final layer of chocolate. Raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry jam could add a nice tart contrast to the sweet peanut butter and chocolate.
- Coffee-Infused Peanut Butter Cups: Mix in some instant espresso powder into the melted chocolate for a mocha version of the peanut butter cups. This could be a hit with coffee lovers.
- Superfood Peanut Butter Cups: Stir in some chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds into the peanut butter for added texture and a dose of superfood nutrition.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Are these peanut butter cups vegan-friendly?
Yes, these Healthy Peanut Butter Cups are completely vegan as they contain no animal products.
Is coconut flour necessary, or can I use a different flour?
While coconut flour works best for this recipe, you can substitute it with almond flour or oat flour if desired. However, keep in mind that oat flour may not contribute as much flavor compared to coconut or almond flour.
Can I replace peanut butter with another nut butter?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different nut butters like almond butter, cashew butter, pecan butter, or even tahini if you’re fond of that flavor.
How long do these peanut butter cups stay fresh?
When stored in an airtight container in the fridge, these cups can stay fresh for up to two or three weeks.
Can I freeze these peanut butter cups for longer storage?
Yes, you can freeze these cups for up to three months. Just ensure they're placed in a freezer-safe container.
Are these peanut butter cups gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free as it does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients.
Can I make these peanut butter cups without maple syrup?
Yes, if you prefer to avoid using maple syrup, you can substitute it with other liquid sweeteners like agave nectar or date syrup.
Indulge in these Healthy Peanut Butter Cups, and treat yourself to a delightful and nutritious sweet treat. With their simple ingredients, easy preparation, and mouthwatering flavors, these vegan and gluten-free treats are perfect for satisfying your cravings. Whip up a batch today and enjoy the scrumptiousness while embracing a wholesome dessert choice.
If you like recipes like this one, you might be interested in:
5-ingredient Healthy Peanut Butter Cups (Vegan & Gluten-free)
Peanut butter filling
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 150 g dairy-free chocolate
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, (28 g)
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter, coconut flour and maple syrup. Mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Divide the peanut butter filling into 7 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball. Reserve.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the dairy-free chocolate and coconut oil together. Stir until smooth.
- Line a muffin tin or a tray with 7 paper liners.
- Place approximately ½ tablespoon of the melted chocolate mixture into the bottom of each muffin liner.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for about 10 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens.
- Remove the muffin tin from the freezer and place one peanut butter portion on top of the hardened chocolate in each liner, making sure to leave a small border around the edges.
- Pour more of the melted chocolate mixture over each peanut butter portion, covering it completely and creating a peanut butter cup.
- Return the muffin tin to the freezer and let the peanut butter cups harden for another 20-30 minutes.
- Once the cups are firm, remove them from the muffin tin and store in an airtight container in the fridge.